Shillito's

Cin-PL-2320452

 

Shillito's was Cincinnati's first department store. It was founded by John Shillito and William McLaughlin in 1830 as McLaughlin & Shillito, but that partnership soon split up. In 1878, Shillito's moved to a new building on Race and Seventh streets, which was remodeled in 1937 with an Art Deco facade.Starting in 1960, several suburban locations were opened. In 1986, Shillito's adopted the Lazurus name, and in 2005 those stores were rebranded as Macy's.

Related Items