Ludlow Lagoon was an amusement park that operated from 1894 to 1917. It was built around a manmade lake that was created specifically for the park. Ludlow Lagoon was a trolley park. These were popular in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. As the term implies, these parks were located on trolley lines, which made them accessible to thousands of urban residents. The original clubhouse still stands at the corner of Lake and Laurel Streets and is now a private residence.