The Beechmont Dragway was a racing facility that paralleled the Beechmont Levee to the north of the roadway. It operated from 1958 to 1961. Noise concerns from surrounding neighborhoods forced it's closure. The ad from which this design is taken mentions it was the intersection of Routes 74 and 125. Beechmont Avenue is still Ohio 125, but 74 was rerouted in several spots in the early 1960s and then re-signed as Route 32.