In 1927, the original Anderson High School opened on Beechmont Avenue. The nickname chosen for the new school's athletic teams was the Comets. The school's orange and black colors were inspired by those of Withrow High, the school many of the Anderson students had previously attended. In 1937, the Comets' name was changed...
*20% of the Anderson Comet T-Shirt sales will be donated to Anderson Alumni For Change, a group of alumni and community members committed to supporting their school and changing the nickname and logo. Funds raised will be used to off-set the cost to re-brand.